I mention these two guns not because they are good buys but because of historical interest:

=====================================================
-- 35398 - New 1st gun at 295 Oxford Street

1) 35398 is now the earliest Reilly with 295 Oxford Street on the rib. I've redone the last few years of the Chronology twice in the last two months, first to account for a possible 14 month break between the closure of 277 Oxford Street February 1903 and opening of 295 Oxford Street May 1904. 35398 barely makes it into the new chronology for 1904...but it's there!! And second because of the 1911 gun made by Holloway....which forced a bulge of 65 guns having to be sold in 1911 as he reduced inventory in preparation for bankruptcy..reducing the numbers sold in the previous 5 years.
https://auctions.holtsauctioneers.c...++5551+&refno=++162330&saletype=
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

=====================================================
-- 134481 - Riggs gun with original Reilly case with an interesting rue du Faubourg label.

2). 134481. This is a Riggs gun. Holts simply will not accept my chronology and as a result is effectively engaging in malpractice by misadvertising those guns. It is embarrassing for Holts...their identifications are all over the place.

But this is interesting - I was hoping to finally see a Riggs case/trade label. Instead, the gun is housed in an original Reilly case with a label for 16, New Oxford Street apparently with 29 rue du Faubourg, Saint Honoré, Paris address on the right scroll work. The label itself is not common (6 are known) - it had to date from a very narrow time period early 1885 - early-mid 1886. (1884 London Exposition Medals indicate early 1885 as a back marker).
https://auctions.holtsauctioneers.c...++5899C&refno=++166839&saletype=

Here is a better example from SN 26680 - Scollops on the above label may have been added:

I have been doing a good bit of reassessing on the time period that 29 rue du Faubourg, Saint Honoré, Paris was open and was going to put an academic analysis sort of post up on current thinking (as the book is readied for publication). Will post this later.

Last edited by Argo44; 09/22/21 11:27 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch