Originally Posted by SKB
Ted, I disagree with your take on shooting old guns. If you learn to buy old guns in nice shape they are rarely money pits. Becoming an educated buyer is not for everyone though, it takes work and finding the right gun takes patience. I waited years before I found the gun for me.

I shoot almost nothing but vintage guns and I rarely need to work on them(never have touched either of my shotguns for repair). My hunting partner shoots a British SxS from the 1880's and has put tens of thousands of rounds through it without a hiccup. Find one that has been well maintained and fits you, feed it appropriate ammo and you will rarely be disappointed.

Your premise was old guns, Steve. Hedged your bet by saying “Seldom” on the money pit thing, which, is not the same as never. Then you posted a picture of a youthful 700.

Which, leads right back to where I suggested the guys who might not want to end up with a money pit might start out.

Best,
Ted