Originally Posted by Shotgunlover
Konor,

You count as public land the zone between high and low tide. As you might have gathered what most posters here understand by that term is actual land, not a tidal zone. Like one poster above put it, he parks his car on public land, gets out and his license gives him the right to hunt right there. Can you name a piece of land in the UK where you can do that? Do what Americans call upland hunting on public land? The british way is that the right to pursue game belongs to the landowner or his assigns, which is the opposite of regarding regulated hunting as a constitutional right and game as a public resource.

I cited Thomas and Boothroyd as authorities on the subject at hand. Thomas, in addition to being a gun writer, was a qualified engineer. Boothroyd collected and organized information on British gunmakers for more than fifty years. I do not know if Geoffrey was Scottish, but all the years we were in touch his home address was in Glasgow, you should be proud of that.

I hope your reluctance to admit that you were wrong to state that” there is no British hunting over public land in other words none for the common folk” doesn’t drag on. I have already explained that foreshore wildfowling is available to all and has a thriving club scene I fail to see how that being the case does not prove your statement wrong. It seems you wish to redefine the definition of public land to suit your argument. As to there being no hunting for common folk in Britain that grossly misrepresents reality but seems to suit your ill founded beliefs and how you wish to portray British fieldsports. As I have already stated I think you should make an effort to educate yourself on the variety of fieldsports available and the extent to which they are enjoyed by the average working man instead of relying on lazy stereotypes.
I read both Gough Thomas and Geoffrey Boothroyd articles weekly over many years and have all their books so am well acquainted with their writing. I knew Geoffrey Boothroyd personally and visited his house on the South side of Glasgow on several occasions I fail to see how their writing has anything to do with fieldsports as practiced here in Britain and your ignorance of the subject.