Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by eeb
Maybe for a lefty since the left barrel fires first.

How about the possibility that it was made for someone who liked to take incomers way out with the first (left) barrel, then take a closer bird with the more open (right)? Like myself. ???

Unlikely since the info from Morphy's states that the left bbl @ .024 is the more open choke. Some people feel that firing the left bbl. of a SxS first allows @ quicker 2nd shot due to reduced recoil. Schwing's book on the Winchester 21 states that John Olin had his 21's set up with the left bbl as the more open choke.

Personally I can't say that I can tell any difference in recoil by firing the left bbl first on my guns but it is a very infrequent thing for me as I get very few incomers. Might be different shooting flyers.

Before someone calls me out on this, I'm aware that when using the same ammunition, recoil in foot pounds will be the same from either bbl but perceived recoil & the recovery time from it is according to some people is better handled if the left bbl is fired first by a right handed shooter.

Last edited by Brittany Man; 10/21/21 11:48 PM. Reason: clarification