Originally Posted by LeFusil
Oh Mcnabs said that? Oh well it’s settled then. It looks like Reilly’s did, after all employ 300+ gunmakers (that nobody has ever met or known) and they made all sorts of breech loading shotguns off of about 10 to 15 different actions, patents, etc. What an extremely skilled work force to produce so many different firearms in their own factory.
I thought it was ridiculous and far fetched….but now, since Mcnabs says Reilly did in fact manufacture all of these guns bearing the Reilly name, even guns that are known to have ONLY been completely built by 1 particular factory, I suppose the whole thing is settled isn’t it.

Or not. Nice try Gene. Press on.

I keep returning to this Thread hoping to finally see the Holy Grail that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that a Reilly factory actually built all of these guns This should be relatively easy to settle. All we need is some actual photographs of actual Reilly workers in the alleged "manufactory" filing actions, making barrels, inletting gunstocks, assembling guns, etc. We have such photographs from other gunmakers... but nothing from Reilly.

We also have Census data from the cities where various gunmakers were centered. We have listings of residents that tell us where and when they were employed at these gunmakers, and this data quite often lists their occupation or gunmaking specialty. But so far, we haven't seen that sort of proof pertaining to Reilly gunmaking employees.

It just seems rather odd that gun writers and gun experts for well over a century have all considered Reilly as a retailer of firearms and sporting goods, and not a manufacturer. Yet these same people had no problem recognizing firms like Purdey, Boss, Holland & Holland, and hundreds of other companies both large and small as actual gunmakers. One wonders why all of these people neglected to recognize Reilly as a notable manufacturer of a large quantity of such a diverse product line consisting of shotguns, rifles, handguns, cane guns, etc.??? I'm willing to be convinced. But terms like "perhaps", "possibly", "may have", etc. aren't doing it for me, and neither are advertising claims. We have all seen gun advertisements that made wild claims about firearms that defied the laws of physics by shooting farther, harder, or with far less recoil than their competitors. How many people claim to have invented choke boring? However, a well timed "donation" could serve to help moderate or censor the skepticism I share with Dustin right into nonexistence. It seems to work well for a few others here.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.