I bought a Dickinson, two barrel set gun, from Cabella's about 5 years ago. I planned to use it as a rainy day gun. It was a nice looking gun and I liked the idea of having 20 and 28 gauge barrels that fit one receiver. Well, I never used the 28 gauge barrels because the gun was about one pound heavier with those verses having the 20 bore barrels on. I shot the Dickinson several times at my club and the gun was about flawless and with no issues perceived. Trigger pull was acceptable and the gun fit me rather well. I was pleased with it.

I was out in Montana and it looked like it might rain so I took The Dickinson afield for the first time. It rained but not very hard and for about 10 minutes. When the rain stopped I wiped the gun down with a towel in the field. I made sure the gun was completely dry before I stowed it away in the slip. Sometime after that (I can't recall now if it was later that day, or the next morning) the gun barrels and top rib started to show major rust areas. The top rib had rust extending along its entire length and the barrels had spot rust in many places. The stock looked like I poured acid on it. I got home, refinished the stock, cleaned up the rib and barrels so they looked almost new and sold the gun. I then resolved that I would never, ever think of owning another Dickinson gun again, or any Turkish gun for that matter.

Yes, the price is attractive but as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for".