Colonel, if I may, you have an exemplary service record, if I, as a retired USMC NCO, might comment. Now how does a E-7 know this. Sir, you have more patience than I could ever imagine, in dealing with these "Numbnutted clowns that import the Dickinson shotguns from Turkey. I'm not a gunsmith, but I have a solid background as a now retired tool&die welder, so I know quite well the TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas) and Plasma Arc welding processes-- You are 100% correct in that this "field fix" was NOT the right way to proceed to cure the right hand barrel headspacing issue with your shotgun. I served as an Armorer (MOS 2125) and qualified up to and including the Browning M-2 (Ma Deuce) Cal. .50MG--not sibe-by-side or over-under shotguns I'll grant you, but the principles of proper gun repair and maintenance cover a broad spectrum, do they not. ??

We all owe you a salute for bringing this sad sorry to our attention- Luckily your detailed history of this Major League FUBAR of your shotgun and its lack of inspection and quality control in its manufacture will serve as a warning to others here. And thank you for your service to our Country. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..