They use the Tesla marketing plan. So, they will be sold direct to the end-user, built to spec. No rebates, no big discounts.

It’s a euro conglomerate joint effort. BMW engine, ZF trans, 3 locking diffs, Steyr suspension, Recaro seats, Hella? Lighting. You can see how they have been mining eurogov based on how they ended up with a Mercedes plant in France, and a frame plant in Spain.
I think they spoiled their opportunity in the UK abandoning Wales as the mfg location, but it is sort of a Defender clone.
Big step up from a UAZ Hunter.

And then they partnered with a bunch of accessory companies, so that you can deck out the outside to whatever expedition level you want.

They are claiming a 7500 pound towing capacity.

I am not naïve, the US market is very competitive, and many euro outfits struggle with the NHTSA standards. I’m pretty sure they’re going to pedal a bare-bones non-US compliant model into all the places Defenders used to get sold, and then maybe, just maybe, bring the US spec model into the US.
You can’t help but notice the intense interest coming from the Aussies.

That’s my primary interest, because my bird hunting rig weighs 4000+ Lbs, and a pick up truck is really too large to access western quail country as deep as I want.
My Jeep Cherokee sport with the 4.0 l was capable of dragging a 5000 pound trailer. I never did so, so I can’t comment on if it really was. But this vehicle is in the size of the Jeep Commander, and they were very capable of dragging 5000 pound trailers.

Last edited by ClapperZapper; 12/07/21 02:18 PM.

Out there doing it best I can.