On the other end of the spectrum, I got out of work a couple hours early while on midnight turn about 20 years ago to go hunting on the last day of flintlock deer season. I was hunting along Bullion Run, in Venango County, very close to where Lloyd grew up. The day was crisp and cold, but sunny and clear with no wind. Around noon. I paused to eat a sandwich an apple, and a candy bar, and then resumed still hunting. About 1:00 pm, I became very tired and the thought of a little nap in the woods seemed like a great idea.

I soon saw a large deadfall tree that had a big limb sticking out of the trunk at a suitable angle. I thought, "That looks like a Lazy-Boy chair to me." I brushed off the snow and climbed onto the trunk and leaned back for a 20 minute nap. I pulled the bill of my hat down over my face, and cradled my rifle so I wouldn't drop it. Then I quickly nodded off.

When I woke up, it was very dark. I had to grab my flashlight to see my watch. It was 6:30 pm, over an hour past sundown. I thought, "Well crap... deer season is over." I was totally covered with about an inch of powder snow that had fallen some time during my siesta. I got up and brushed myself off, and hiked about a mile back to my truck. When I arrived, I unlocked the door and put my rifle and possibles bag inside. Then I started the engine. The radio had been on and tuned to a local station, and the first thing I heard was the tail-end of the weather report. The announcer said "... current Oil City temperature is minus 5 degrees"

I was pretty shocked because the temp had fallen faster and further than the prediction I'd heard that morning. But mostly, I was surprised that I had been napping very comfortably outdoors when it was below zero. I really enjoy the cold and snow for deer hunting, but that was unusual. In that case, being properly dressed and having no wind or perspiration dampened clothes made all the difference in the world. And DuPont Thermax long johns under good wool is pretty good stuff too.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.