And as for Qadaffi and the Ouazou Strip.....a couple of observations. A treaty from the 1930's actually gave Italy the Ouazou Strip....there is gold there. It was never ratified. Qaddafi brought it back like a lot of crack-pot schemes.. And he funded terrorist attacks on America all through Europe and was one of the major drivers of the Lebanese Civil war from 1975.

I landed in N'Djamena in late summer 1981 on Air Afrique on my way to Brazzaville...the plane was chased down the runway and stopped by Libyan armored cars. But the fall of the Libyan army there to Hissen Habre 4 years later gave us a new word....."Technicals"......Toyota Hilux (Tacoma) pickups with light weapons mounted on the bed. At least something came of that adventure....a new word from the Cold War dictionary (and there are versions with "double guns" just to make this relevant). (Habre? - turned into a predictable homicidal maniac and was overthrown in 1991).

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Habre's troops thought if they drove fast enough, mines would explode behind them....And I'd love to get one of these diesel engined Hi-luxes back to USA...has to be 25 years old though.

Last edited by Argo44; 01/06/22 05:35 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch