Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Keith, I just read a note from Dave concerning illness in his family in the "Please Consider a Donation to BBS" at the top of this page. He posted this about a half hour ago.

"My mom made it through and is at home recovering.
Her prognosis is good...however, there are still some challenges ahead.
I am hopeful she can return to independent living in the near future.
I will be tied up assisting her and this may cause further nominal update delays."

He likely has had his hands full caring for his mother lately.

I understand that Stan, and know from experience that it can be both challenging and time consuming caring for a sick parent. I hope Dave's Mom makes a full recovery and gets back to being healthy and independent.

However, it just seemed odd that my very benign post that I made to congratulate Ted on acquiring another shotgun didn't get posted, while a couple other posts I had made in that same time frame did appear. No big deal. I enjoyed taking another shot at the heavy-handed moderation that makes UJ forum weird. Some forums are even worse though. I have told the story about being on a Volkswagen TDI Diesel forum several years ago, when I had some questions about my Diesel Jetta. The Administrator there went off on one guy because he had the gall to suggest that it was OK to use Mobil 1 synthetic oil in a TDI Diesel engine. The Administrator called him everything but a white English gentleman, and announced that he was banning him permanently. Apparently the offender had made this same terrible sin in the past, and had been warned.

Considering that, it might not be a good idea to mention using Mobil synthetic grease or oil here as a hinge pin lubricant.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.