Originally Posted by Tom Findrick
Originally Posted by buckstix
Originally Posted by Tom Findrick
Does one barrel shoot more reliably to point of aim and group better than the other?
Have you shot groups for each barrel independent of the other?
How are the trigger pull weights?
Hello Tom Findrick,
Thanks for the reply.

Trigger pulls are both consistent and predictable at about 3 pounds. I have not tested the barrels independently for groups. I'm satisfied that the composite groups are acceptable for hunting. I'm continuing to test further to improve the groups and will post updates here.

Thanks
One more question;
If the barrels are regulated to converge at 30 yards, I assume the bullets then start to diverge past that.
What happens to the POI past the 30 yards, and how would you compensate for the longer distance ( kind of why I asked about testing each barrel individually)?

It’s really a non-issue concerning double rifles and the distances at which they are effective. In the case of this rifle it(approx/averages) putting a shot out of each barrel about 1/2” on either side of the POA of their given side. This is effectively the distance of the spread at the breach, sometime called shooting “
Parallel”.

If same gun was to converge at 50yds, that means each barrels POI came in 1/2” to meet at the POA. Beyond 50yds it would cross, theoretically at 100yds it would cross 1/2” to the other side of the POA, or in other words the left barrel would hit 1/2” right of the POA. There are many compounding variables that complicate that though.

I’ve shot and regulated over 125 iron sighted double rifles…takes a hell of a shooter to be able to worry about such things.

A parallel shooting double would theoretically never spread or converge, but once again look at the tool and it’s use. Not to mention the ability of a shooter to be able to meet that level of performance.

Further, when regulating a double you don’t go by one shot out of each barrel. Best to shoot three shots per barrel, take the average of those three shots, and make your regulation adjustment based off the average.

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC.
Mineola, TX
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com
682-554-0044