========= ERROR CORRECTION: New location for 502 New Oxford street ==========

For some time I've posted pictures of what I thought was 16 New Oxford Street, Reilly's workshop for 50 years from 1847-1897. It was a very large building...indeed an enormous building:

It turns out I was wrong. This was originally 6 Oxford Street...later 16 Oxford Street. From 1861 on it was the Oxford Music Hall and is now the Primark Headquarters.
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

It took some doing but using a fantastic London map resource from 1890, which has all the original lots and plats, the 1882 Post Office directory and Google Earth, the location of 502 (16) New Oxford Street was finally determined. It was a big building too, probably 5 floors, 1000 sq ft per floor?...about the same size as 316 High Holborn. The whole block was rebuilt in the 1980's. But the building was probably still there when Donald Dallas walked past it each morning on his way to London School of Economics. The correction has been made to chapter 9.
https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zo...&lon=-0.13083&layers=163&b=1

. . . .*9b – Photos; Sketch, photos of 502 New Oxford Street: Comment: The size of this building alone shows that Reilly was engaged in large scale manufacturing.
. . . . . . . . . .From Dec 1847 Label:

. . . . . . . . . .1860 Map

. . . . . . . . . .1890 detailed London plat showing lots:

. . . . . . . . . .1882 London Postal Directory showing Reilly was on the north side of New Oxford Street, 7th house down:

. . . . . . . . . .From Google Earth in present day: The entire block was rebuilt apparently in the 1980's...Reilly building would have been still standing when Donald Dallas walked past it on his way to London School of Economics.

========= ERROR CORRECTION: New location for 502 New Oxford street ==========

Last edited by Argo44; 02/28/22 06:16 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch