============== Pause 4 NEXT =============

Again, this is being replayed so people who have not read the fragmented meanderings of the research during the first 60 pages of this line, or didn't want to go through the now 20 pages of the history, can read it paragraph by paragraph, and see why it was written as it was with the footnotes. It makes challenges to the research easier and more focused.

We are now up to 1861. Pin-Fire sporting guns are the rage, 1853 Enfield rifle-muskets are money-makers with the WBTS, breech-loading rifles are being experimented with, and a host of UK gun makers are working on all sorts of revolutionary patents. The Jones under-lever will soon be free, Daw is working on center-fire concept and Henry rifling is making inroads in the rifle area. Reilly is riding high with his new factory at 315 Oxford Street and pretty much feeling his oats. Before moving on to 1862 London Exposition and the rest of the 1860's, here is what will be reviewed over the next several posts:

-- Reilly stocks
-- Reilly barrels
-- Reilly engraving

-- Reilly Pistols and handguns
-- Reilly cartridges
-- Reilly swords, bayonets, and cutlery
-- Reilly accessories

-- Reilly clientele
-- Reilly employees

Reilly financial connections to Liège and Birmingham might be looked at further, but that might be a bridge too far.

The objective is to identify what made-up a Reilly gun at this time and to better define the company's revenue streams. Again, sorry if this is pedantic, the book is being written or rather re-written here. If you all object to any of this, let me know. This is peer review and I pay attention to what is said, even to slights because there may be truth there. I'll research it further (and I have a lot of information stockpiled).

Gene Williams

============ Pause 4 END NEXT ===========

Last edited by Argo44; 03/18/22 01:46 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch