Originally Posted by eightbore
I have a pair of Gannoches or whatever they are called. They are all green painted metal with leather straps, one of twelve gauge and one for twenty gauge. I bought them out of curiousity, not knowing that they were anything but shell storage. They came from the Lester Ruwe estate, Lester being a mega rich Detroit area oil guy. Lester and his wife enjoyed as much hunting as any couple alive. The shell carriers appear to be Spanish. I have a few guns from the Ruwes and some other hunting paraphernalia. The Ruwes lived in the Harley Earl mansion in Grosse Point Farms outside Detroit. Son, Nick Ruwe and wife Nancy lived in DC when Nancy was Mrs. Gerald Ford's personal secretary. The guns and accessories were from Nancy Ruwe's estate. The Ruwes had a thousands of acres hunting estate in Ontario with a home filled with millions of dollars worth of decorative antiques and important furniture.

Gannochy loaders were the idea of a Headkeeper on the Gannochy Estate in the Angus Glens many years ago ,when it was a premier Grouse moor.It was to aid rapid double gunning at grouse and i`d say is the best of many other ideas for the same use .The originals were encased in leather and have metal spring clip cartridge holders.Later versions have generic plastic holders and are much inferior.Hth.