Well mc, if you don't believe the UK 1881 census, or anything you've read here along with all the evidence I've provided and will be providing in future posts, then there's nothing much more I can do for you (except complete the history). I now start to understand the bitter bile that Lang, Reilly and Blanche experienced when they began to market break-action pin-fires. (You do accept that Reilly made pinfires?)

20,000 piece gun order? If you're referring to the Winchester, it was order #21000 for 10 guns (corrected). Reilly did make over 6,000 Reilly-Comblains based on use numbers which will be subject of a future paragraph. This was already posted; The line is very long and research is scattered which is why I'm going back through the whole thing and putting it into chronological order.

Every gunmaker in London was selling whatever they could get their hands on, and was trying their darnedest to get a military contract from Arsenal. Read just about any random 1850's and 1860's gun advertisement.

1859 Lang ad:
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Of course, you're welcome to post your research and evidence that Reilly was only a retailer from 1828 to 1912. (Why not a wholesaler at least?). After 5 years of searching, I have yet to find one such reference in the 19th and early 20th century press.

Last edited by Argo44; 03/14/22 06:53 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch