Thanks mc, This is analysis but that is the way history is written. If you have doubts about an assertion, break it down and I'll post some more stuff, and together we will walk through the analysis of what we're looking at.

As an example start off with these:

-- Reilly built pin-fires. Are you ok with that?
. . . . .-- Was Reilly one of the first to build pin-fires in UK along with Lang and Blanch?
. . . . .-- Was there anybody else in all of UK who could have built those four early Reilly pin-fires? If so, who?

-- Do you accept the Reilly serial number dating chart? (To discuss the above pinfires you have to date them first)

-- Do you think he exhibited at 1851 Crystal Palace and 1855 Paris Universelle World's Fairs? If so, was he showing others' work and claiming it was his?

-- Do you believe he provided guns to "The Field" for the two trials in 1858 and 1859?
. . . . .-- If so do you think "The Field" would have let him submit other gunmakers' guns for the trials?
. . . . .-- Do you think the other gunmakers at the test would have allowed this?
. . . . .-- If you believe he submitted others' guns for the test, whose were they?

Just a few questions to begin to address the above doubts. This process can continue for each point made in each paragraph. But start with the above four. (This is why each chapter is being reposted, added to and footnoted. I have already been accused of "cherry picking" data).

"I just see a lot of speculation with underlined press quoting Reilly"!! I've got to admit that a statement like this...when everything is laid out step by step to read, with all the specific questions that could be asked...pretty well boggles the mind.

Last edited by Argo44; 05/11/22 08:12 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch