I believe you meant to say, in your dialect malapropism, "Vas ist Los?"" anyway, I started reading Hemingway in 5th grade- first was his post-WW1 roman a clef of PTSD- "Big Two-Hearted River" followed by "A Farewell to Arms"--LIke "Don Ernesto" I am still today an avid reader- mainly fiction, and now I have a sizable library of not only his short stories, articles with the "Key West" letters to Arnold Gingrich for Esquire magazine, but books about his life and women and 3 boys, several written by former wives, friends, and even his brother Leicester.

Of all his works, IMO- his two best of all short stories were from his 1933 first African Safari, financed by his second wife & her multi-buck family- Pauline Pfieffer- : "The Snows of Kilamanjaro" and "The Short, Happy Life of Francis MaComber"-- the second story is based, somewhat on a 1908 era Safari scandal based on antics of European nobility, possibly Baron Bror Von Blixen (my kinda guy)--hard to prove that today, but interesting enough-to me, anyway. His 2 best of all novels, again IMO- are: "For Whom The Bell Tolls" and "Islands In The Stream"--

RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..