I used to spend a fair amount of time and money at Cabela's prior to the Bass Pro Shops acquisition. Bought a couple of very nice guns there (an AYA 4/53 28 gauge) and a Ferlib 12 gauge, plus a ton of outdoors clothing, most of which I still wear. Since the Bass Pro acquisition, the quality has deteriorated so much that I don't even try anymore. It's sad.

I've seen the same thing with Woolrich, which was originally based about 20 miles from our deer camp and whose factory outlet store (in the town of Woolrich) was a must-stop on either the trip up or the trip home. I have a number of heavy wool Woolrich shirts, fleece vests and hunting pants. These days, their product line is insanely expensive and appears to be geared to the user whose idea of an outdoor adventure is a walk in Central Park. They don't even try to market to their older base, which was people who worked outdoors, particularly in rural areas and occupations.

Other than Carhartt, who still seems to be making quality clothing you can actually wear when it's cold, I'm at a bit of a loss to find sturdy outdoors clothing.