Thanks for the info re: safety. I cannot get you pictures, as I have not yet purchased the gun-- the safety has "ridged surface" and is stamped "FIRE" with an arrow pointed clockwise (forward, towards the muzzle. I also need to research how the short vented muzzle brake was attached-- barrel is uncut at 25". nor is the front ramp touched by this installation. Switching horses midstream to Model 12's (Winchesters I treasure as much as Model 70's) Winchester offered factory installation of muzzle "gadgets" such as Poly-Chokes and Cutts' Comps (barf) so it follows on that they might have offered those as a factory installed device.

The next time I am in that area-probably for turkey hunting in May- I'll stop in and take a camera and try to get some detailed fotos for you. I know have a "Jitterbug" pad thingy, will try to learn how to take fotos and e-mail them, but I want to put some time between visits- the tag says $2500-- OBO-- and patience is a solid part of my "game plan" on this "heavy hitter" M70.RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..