Originally Posted by mc
I read Leopold stevens? Is getting out of the scope business Nikon stopped in 2020 mabey a trend.i didn't look for any follow up reports so don't know for sure if it's true

What???

Perhaps the problem is that people are clamping 2 0unce bottles of Timberluxe in scope rings, and finding that works better than any scope ever made. Why, with all of the magical properties ascribed to it, I'd bet you could even see into the future!

But despite the rumors, Leopold Stevens has not filed for Bankruptcy protection, and has not announced any financial difficulties. They did sell the Redfield line to Academy Sports in April of 2021, and they seem to be placing more emphasis on tactical scopes rather than the more traditional hunting scopes. There is also a bit of griping about the unavailability of scopes in gloss black configurations.

This is another question that could have been easily answered with a quick internet search. They are still very much alive. Here's a link to their 2022 Catalog:

https://www.leupold.com/media/manuals/2020_Leupold_Catalog-INTL-EN_WEB.pdf

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.