Mes Amis...I am happy that finally someone has responded to this history. It is the product of years of painstaking research. The previous chapters asked for comments. None were forthcoming. Now re the above comments:

--There is not one photo of the Purdey Hqs at 314 1/2 Oxford Street in existence (1826-1881). The closest is the photo analysis of Oxford Street that I sent to Purdey. If you have one, Purdey will pay you for it.

-- There is not one commentary I have been able to find about or from Purdey technicians/workers from this time Frame 1860's. If you all have something, please post it. It will be a revelation.

-- There are no records of patent payments to Purdey for patent 1104 or others. Actually there may be but they are literally locked up and cannot be accessed.

-- This part of the history is what is available from that century, not late 20th century mythology. The speculation was mine but the taunting by Reilly was real. (and those Purdey Bastin actions beg the question)...i.e. did Purdey really in the 1860's make every piece of every gun in-house? Reilly claimed to do so in print.

Now you guys please start posting your objections to this history. Insults are not intellect. Please back up your rebuttals by 19th century research, not 20th century conjecture.

This history was written 4 years ago and published in very attenuated form 3 years ago. I was challenged on the sources. It is being reposted chapter by chapter with the footnotes (which with the demise of jbpbox.com have largely disappeared).

So have your say on each chapter before it goes to print. I pay attention to you all when it's something more than just denigration. (Reilly went through all that when he first made breech loaders and tried to get a UK royal warrant). That's what peer-review and this board is all about.

But you need to back up your counter-claims with research as I've done mine. And Mike, I'm writing a book. It will terminate at some point in print. this board is what inspired it.

Last edited by Argo44; 04/18/22 03:18 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch