Excellent Mr. Parabola. It is indeed a Riggs marketed gun made in Birmingham, SN 134481, probably mid-late 1920's. Serial Number, and half pistol grip are indicators and the engraving looks nothing like a real Reilly. And your fine explanation of the bore and rebore are beyond my ken.

The label and the case are not original to the gun. The label is the 16, New Oxford Street label with 29 rue du Faubourg, Paris address. It has the 1867 Paris exposition gold medals in the left corner and the 1884 London Exposition Gold medal on the right corner. This label probably was used from late 1884 to 1885-86. We have yet to establish when rue du Faubourg opened and closed (or if it even existed).
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

(see paragraph *81, p.91 above)(Again it's a shame the label chart disappeared. I'll find a way to repost it via imgur).

The interesting thing about this label as opposed to the 5 or 6 other examples is that this one has scolloped corners a la classic Reilly.

A+ grade. (My job here is done!!). (and I would not have paid anywhere near that price for the gun - it's a £200-£400 gun in UK).

Here is the original Holt's advertisement last fall: Estimate £300-500
https://auctions.holtsauctioneers.c...++5899C&refno=++166839&saletype=

Last edited by Argo44; 07/04/22 09:42 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch