I bought a Buehler 1 pc. base mount on this from a gentleman on this site from TX- $70.00 fair price indeed. But I made a mistake, as we all do, and didn't specify if it was for a Pre-1964 M70 Long action, or a Short Action, as on the Featherweight series M70's in .243, etc. It won't quite fit on the 1952 M70 in .220Swift I now own. So, unless Mr. Buehler offers, along with the rings I also need for the 1" dia. Weaver V2x-9 scope I plan to use on this "woodchuck devastator", a scope base "extender", I have no present use for it.

Details:End flap on orignal period box is stamped--BUEHLER 1-piece MOUNTS BASE WIN M70 code- 70-s short. Pre 1963, as there is no Zip Code for Orinda, California-- With screws and original instructions, including Maynard's "pithy" note IF ALL ELSE FAILS-FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS Instructions for installing the Buehler Mount on undrilled receivers- 3 6-48 machine screws included and base is stamped BUEHELER Oinda Cal. 100% blue finish oal. I paid$70.00 for this, would like to get close to that if I sell it.

I may want a set of 2 pc. Buehler or Leupold bases for this same rifle, ditto 1" medium ht. matching rings. Please advise by return PMS on this website. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..