The protection period for the novel idea DRGM was 3 years and could be extended up to 9(nine) I think but most were only extended to 6 years.

>>DRGM 32200, 25.09.1894: "U-f�rmig gebogene, bis zum Bug aufges�gte Doppelschlagfeder f�r hahnloses Jagdgewehr". this protected the U-shaped mainspring.(Waffenzeitung Suhl 1895) But it must have been made before, as my Hubertus-Gewehr shown above already has that spring. As my gun has the crown/V Vorratszeichen proof exemption mark, which was only struck on guns ready for sale between January 4, 1893 (date of the order) and March31,1893. "The V stamps are to be destroyed after April 1, 1893" as the proof law was then fully effective. The 1895 Waffenzeitung also has ads by I.Meffert. Here he advertises Hubertus guns both with the Lefaucheux breech action wit horn clad lever under foreend and, at a higher price, with top lever action like the gun on Krause's pre-WW1 photo.<<

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forum...p;Words=32200&Search=true#Post328988

So, if we assumed that the novel idea protection period started in 1894 & add 6 years, then the longarm would date between 1900 - 1912. But Meffert could have continued to add the advertisement of the Novel Advancement of 1894 under DRGM 32200.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse