Ted, there IS no way to know your pressure everytime, even with RSTs or handloads. Variations in wad seating pressure, powder drop, crimping, even hull to hull plastic elasticity all will affect pressures. The best low pressure reloads that can be turned out have variations in pressure, sometimes significant. I have proven that with loads sent to Tom for testing. But, by having them tested you CAN get your loads within an acceptable range, or determine if factory loads are within an acceptable range. B & P Comp One loads are claimed to be in the 8000 psi range, by the manufacturer. Tom's testing for me has proven that to be true.

I accept pressures in the 8000 range as fine for my Foxes, Parkers, and other vintage guns, even sound Damascus. You may believe differently, and that's fine, but no way do I believe the variation, lot to lot, of this load will yield pressures that get close to SAAMI max, or enough to be a problem.

I don't shoot guns with barrel walls as thin as .018", there's too many fish in the sea. My point in advocating pressure testing of factory loads, to satisfy one person's curiosity, was/is not to try to find some factory loads that can be used in a .018" MWT barrel. You misunderstood my intent, obviously. My wife says I often do not make myself clear on a subject. Perhaps .......

P.S. Tom's testing data shows you more than the AVERAGE pressure for 5 loads, it shows you EACH load's pressure, and the standard deviation, high, and low pressures are determined from that. Much more information on the data sheet than just average pressure for the five loads.

May God bless America and those who defend her.