So I went to that Browning open house shindig. Shot two rounds of trap like a sandbag with my B-SS, feeling very rusty, then tried (I think) 5-Stand with a demo 12-gauge Citori Hunter. My first time shooting an over-and-under. And my first time shooting 5-Stand. Gawd, it was chaos! Clay pigeons coming outta the goddamned walls! Leaping out of the ground! Hissing in over my shoulder! Hit mostly nothing. Shotgun felt like a bus in my hands. And then, figuring I was at least warmed-up, and that it couldn't get any worse, I decided to shoot two more rounds of trap with my new CZurkish 28-gauge shotgun. 7/8 oz #8s, with the Modified choke screwed into in the starboard barrel, at the club coach's recommendation.

Holy damn.

Even though I'd been away from the game for five years, I well and truly crushed a bunch of 'em with that little thing. Got more than half, both tries. Most of the ones I hit well were going-away, and I smacked them, hard, with my brain turned off, just as they left the bunker. They just burst. "PULL!"SMASH.

That thing points like my finger. My Browning points like a train, in comparison.

Bonus: That Plain Jane little side-by-each stops people in their tracks when I walk past them. Several conversations were started, and acquaintances were made. I don't regret a dollar I spent on that spindly little shotgun.

It was a nice day out.

Now I want to try it at Olympic Skeet. How should I choke it?

Last edited by Fudd; 07/09/22 06:02 PM.