Originally Posted by Shotgunjones
Originally Posted by LGF
A few years ago I was sitting in a blind on San Francisco Bay and three drake canvasbacks flew past. I grabbed my M1 Super 90 and the trigger group fell in my lap. The fiddly little clip on the retaining pin had disappeared.

Let's tell it like it is.

Nothing 'disappeared'. You lost the clip last time you had the trigger plate out and didn't check that the pin was held captive when you reassembled it.

This is not a bug, it's a feature. The design was adpopted from a military shotgun that can be disassembled without tools (not even a Leatherman).

The business about the gun not being in battery and 'messing up more hunts than I care to admit to' says more about the operator than the gun. I have to contrive an out of battery situation and it's difficult to concieve this happening accidentally even once. As far as sitting the loaded gun down hard enough to have it open, well, I'm glad I don't share a blind with you.

It's pretty clear we do not have a commonality of experience. I consider the Benelli a brilliant piece of work and regularly use both of mine with complete satisfaction.

It’s okay, even though your idea of brilliance is lacking I’d still share a blind with you. Just keep that Italian trash away from my Greener.

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC.
Mineola, TX
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com
682-554-0044