That's the one. The engraving and action are in pretty nice shape. All the numbers match and it all fits and functions well. As I mentioned, the barrels are not in the condition he alluded to in the listing. They are solid, but the bores have a lot of pitting from one end to the other. That said, I have rebored three older guns in the last 2 months,and this one has much more pitting than them but none of the pits are anywhere near what they were as far as depth. I would estimate based on those barrels that .002 to .003 will clean both barrels up and leave MWT at over .035 in the front and .050 in the middle with excellent thickness left in the chambers and forcing cones. Surprising since the barrels appear to have been bored .030 already, based on the barrel markings. They were double proofed however, so they apparently had very thick walls to start with. If If the barrels clean up with good thickness, I may have someone repair the rib. If not, I will just do it myself (I have done this a few times in the past) and shoot the gun with subgauge tubes. If they clean up well, I will limit them to low pressure loads.

This is the first Darne I have owned. I have owned a couple of Charlin before, and am surprised at the difference in action . The Charlin are the smoothest operating guns I have seen. This one is in the same leagueof smoothness, but it is a distinct two stage process., It is very stiff and abrupt in coming to the extraction point and then quick and smooth in moving to the open position. The 2 Charlin seem like one smooth process.The Charlin are old lower grade guns with no safeties.

I was surprised that this gun was for sale not far from where I live, in light of the fact that I passed on buying one like your bottom photo just a few months ago on GB. It was even closer to me and sold for less than $500, if I remember correctly. It struck me at the time as being a fundamentally weak design.

It may be I live in a hotbed of ROD's (Real Old Darnes).