Stephen,
I have followed your posts over on Nitro Express since I first became interested the work of Birdhunter 50 and bought two doubles that he made.

As you may remember, Bob loved all aspects of making a DR EXCEPT regulating it. After he passed away, I purchased the Beretta 45-70 that was his deer hunting rifle from the estate and turned it over to Aaron Little here in Texas and Aaron converted it to .45-90 and did a beautiful job of regulating the rifle for 45 yards. When I finally got around to hunting with it, I learned that the regulation was done so well, that it still places a R&L in a tight group at 100 yards! That bullet seriously damaged a Blackbuck that I shot just before the summer temps became too hot to enjoy outdoor activities.
And believe me when those 350 grain North Fork bullets travelling over 2000 fps hit something at 100 yards, it goes down!
Now that the weather may cool off some this fall, I plan to chrony the gun and try it on some Texas sized game such as Nilgai, hogs, Red deer, etc.

Last edited by crs; 08/20/22 08:50 PM.

NRA Patron, TSRA, Whittington Center, DWWC,DRSS
Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/