Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
Funny you mention that.

Alkies are creatures of habit.

Someone throws an empty 250ml plastic bottle from Popov in the ditch in front of my house a few times a week.
They collect at the flume.

The person must pound one almost everyday, and then tosses it in the same general location as they pass.
Like they gotta get it in before they arrive somewhere.

I have over 1300 feet of roadside frontage, so I have had to pick up plenty of litter over the years, including empty alcoholic beverage cans and bottles. I never felt I was being targeted. More likely, the litterbugs simply tossed their trash at the point they were done with it.

But one co-worker years ago told me his rationale for tossing his empty alcohohic beverage containers on a residential lawn. He said that doing so is the environmentally responsible thing to do.

He went on to say that it is important to get rid of empties because of open container laws. But waiting to toss them on someone's lawn ensured that they would be picked up by the homeowner in short order. However, if one tossed them along a wooded or uninhabited section of road, they might lay there for many decades.

Some people are going to drink while driving, no matter what laws are passed. Even banning alcohol during prohibition couldn't stop determined drinkers. So I guess there are different levels of irresponsible behavior that we have to deal with.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.