Just how does the USDA propose to enforce the ordinances they have enacted. In my area of MI we get some migration drift from Canada throughout our t60 day open season, so I suppose some of the many mallards and Canada geese I bag each season are migrants. I have a suggestion for the Canucks who are tasked with the vaccination process this paint. Use safety orange spray paint,like the road crews use, and spray paint the ass-ends and wingtips of the birds they have netted/trapped to be vaccinated. Don't laugh, this works. A few years ago I had permission to hunt/shoot barn pigeons on an older farm with 3 old silos and lots of spilled grain. I had a real "gold mine", no one else bothered to ask permission to shoot there- one day in late spring, while setting up, the farmer came over to chat over coffee, and asked me if I could tell a racing pigeon from a regular pigeon in flight. I told him; "No, I don,t think I can, why do you ask?"" "Well, a neighbor down the road, his boy is doing a racing pigeon project for the 4-H, and he asked me to ask you if you see a pigeon in range with a red ribbon tied to a leg, not to shoot it." "OK, Ed" I replied. But just in case the ribbon comes loose or gets wet in a rainy day, how about having him paint their ass ends with safety glow paint?'' long story short, he did, and over the summer and into Sept, I probably killed 100 barn pigeons over about 10 visits, and only saw 2 flying in range with that marking, and I passed them up. Come to think of it, as I waaay prefer incomers on waterfowl, maybe spraying the neck collar area on the Canadas, as well as their ass ends, might work the best. Feel free to inform our Canuck compadres of this option as ypu may see fit.RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..