Very interesting pictures, due to color and resolution. However, I watched films like this as a kid in the 60's. The medium was black and white film and lower resolution but the speed was adequate at that time to see the shot string well. The issue that didn't exist then was the various pellet materials. The fundamental question is the effect of the stringing in the real world. I have always embraced the concept of light charges for bore on a theoretical basis because it minimizes bore scrub. Not because of dispersion per se but it keeps shot loss from the pattern at a minimum. It is interesting to calculate the numerical impact of stringing.

As a basis, assume that you are shooting a dove or duck at 40 yds. Pick a shot velocity of 800 fps. Assume the bird is travelling at 40 mph. Most static pattern studies show that the really even effective zone in most 30" patterns is around 20" in diameter. Call it 2 feet as an approximation.

At these conditions, a 10 foot long shot string crosses the flight path in 1/80 second. A bird at 40 mph would move less than 9" in this time. It would take roughly 2-3/4 seconds to cross the entire pattern. These numbers would indicate that the stringing should have essentially no effect on delivering a lethal charge to the bird. It depends almost exclusively on accurate shooting, adequate shot charge and pellet energy and penetration. This is in a pass shooting situation. At closer distances, with shorter strings and higher shot velocities, it is entirely a non-issue. Performance still depends on the same issues. You wouldn't knowingly hunt with a gun that has a load/choke combination that wouldn't reliably kill the bird. That brings it down to a matter of of reliably shooting within 18" or so of where the bird will be when the shot arrives. George Digweed, who I always considered maybe the best shotgunner who ever lived, was assked what chokes he used in his Beretta for winning a world championship. He said he used full and full for everything on the course (shots from 10 to 50+ yards) so he could see where he was shooting. He followed up with the fact that the chokes were stuck in his gun since they hadn't been out in the years of the competition he had used it.

In other words, use a load with enough pellet energy and a choke with enough pattern density to provide reasonable hits. Then learn to shoot.