Originally Posted By: Robert Chambers
Kutter,
I thought Mannlicher not only built these guns, but Haenel also built sporters based on these actions...just like Haenel sold 88 commission based sporters and later 98 Mauser sporters...I like your analogy of "sissors action spring" ...I couldn't find the words to describe it accurately...

are either of your rifles full stocked? mine is not

>
Both half stocked, typical style rifles w/DST's, 1/2 oct bbls with rib, folding leaf rear site, rounded pistol grip stock with 'panels' on the sides. I like the magazine spring not only for it's complexity and workmanship, but the fact that as you open the magazine floor plate all the way, it folds up along with the follower out of the way. No dangling bobblehead style spring and follower dancing around with the plate open. They must not have made these too long as I have never seen many for sale or much info on them. The closest other rifle to it seems to be the DWM made 1904(?) Portugese Verguerio. Split receiver, 98 style bolt shroud and standard 98 magazine (w/'W' spring). The forward bolt assembly is all different though.