Hi all,

I recently bought a Pedersoli SxS hammer gun for grins to use at my university's trap and skeet club (they also go to sporting clays events). The LOP is too short for my 6'8" frame, so I got an orange Silvers recoil pad from Kynoch - figured a typical black pad wouldn't look right at all! - and plan to have it installed in place of the current flat steel buttplate. By doing so I should be able to gain about an inch of pull.

Do you guys have any recommendations for who to do the pad installation? I'd like it to be fit and shaped properly with a smooth finish, and I worry local smiths won't have experience with this particular pad. At the moment, I was leaning towards sending the buttstock and pad into Griffin & Howe because it looks like they've installed these previously.

Any thoughts and advice are appreciated.

Kip

Edit to add: I'm looking for a smith that knows how to install these particular pads, and then finish and shape them properly. I see a lot of pads that are left blocky and with the surface finish of an eraser. I'm aiming for an end result more like the pad on this John Dickson round action rifle. It's sculpted nicely and has a smooth finish.

Last edited by Kip; 10/27/22 03:35 PM.