Originally Posted by graybeardtmm3
i suppose that's possible....but everything about this gun says german....or for central texans....bohunk.

Not quite on topic here, Tom, but since you brought it up....I was born two-thirds 'Bohunk' in 1949 and was raised by a family of Slavic coal miners in southeastern Utah who immigrated to the U.S. in 1910. To my recollection the 'term' was not considered THAT desultory in a community that was predominantly made up of Greek, Italian, Irish, Slavic, and Japanese men who went straight into the mines after getting 'off the boat', so to speak. Having grown up in that environment, it was much more obvious that they prided themselves as being 'American citizens' first and 'working men' second, and that the pet names they had for each other's ethnicities were mostly heard as a friendly ribbing mechanism now and again, as I recall. So, 'no harm, no foul' on your end, Amigo, IMO.

I should mention a gun in here somewhere to keep it legit.... and tell you they loved shooting and hunting as much as most men even when they didn't have the means for much. The first family firearm acquisition (still with us) was a 1917 Winchester Model 94 rifle sporting that long 26 inch barrel and Lyman aperture tang sight. I remember my maternal Grandfather telling me that it mostly got used early on when the mines were 'on strike' ....as meat still had to be put on the table for his wife and four kids. Probably more than you wanted to know, but there it is....

All Best,

Rob