If you have a supply of a federal 20 target hulls look at Winchester 572. 1150 fps/ 7/8 ounce 7,000 psi. I load this for a 2 1/2” roll crimped low pressure load. My other favorite uses 800X which is no longer available sadly. But 572 is fairly easy to find. I use Winchester 209 primers but a similar cheddite primer load works as well.

Federal hulls are often tossed at Sporting Clay courses. One trap boy knew I used them and saved them for me. Asked me if I still needed them? I bought three target boxes for $30.00 and the thoughtful fellow even saved me the boxes. Just about 1,800 once fired hulls was a great find. I’ll load half as 2 1/2” rolled crimped and the other as 2 3/4” low pressure hulls.

Other powders like Unique work but any Alliant Powder has been hard to locate. I just bought an eight pound bottle of Unique and was told it was the first eight pounder that they had had in two years. That’s a supply chain problem and just about all Alliant Powders are difficult to find. So look for Winchester powders which have been much more available.