I just recently obtained this Flues. Based on the serial and other markings it's a 1915 field grade 1 1/2
Serial 258811. All numbers match.
The markings on the underside of barrels indicate FULL and IC (4 and 1) I believe.

Their is NO rust or pitting anywhere the barrels , Bores are absolutely spotless, and see no evidence of any cracks anywhere(wood or frame).
THe barrels are marked 'Krupp Fluid STeel'

I obtained this with the plan of shooting it periodically, primarily at 'Vintage' clay events etc.

Having never had a SxS , let alone a 100+ year old one smile I have a few questions, if anyone has any input it's greatly appreciated.
Based on what I know of the history of this gun(and I know the family I purchased it from), it's been in the family since it was new.
It was the 'grandfathers', and was passed down to the Dad, then the Son. Neither of the last two ever fired the gun, and as near as anyone is aware there
has never been any modifications.

Does anyone know what the chamber length is in this gun. I have a hunch it's either 2 1/2 or 2 5/8 based on what info I can find, but not sure.?
(I am going to acquire a gauge and measure it, but just curious.)

I've read much(often conflicting) information on these Flues from this era, and it appears that they can be fired with the PROPER modern ammunition?
Specifically light, low pressure loads?

The gun locks up tight. But, when open, there is a barely noticeable movement. (so small I didn't even actually notice it the first few times I opened and closed it.
Is this an issue to worry about?

Thanks in advance