Originally Posted by Konor3inch
Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Percy Stanbury had a 700 with a single trigger, but, he also had Roland Bloomer to tune it.

I haven’t found a selective single trigger that was something I warned to own. English, or, otherwise. Non selective single triggers seem to have been less problematic in my orbit. But, less useful, in theory.

Good luck.

Best,
Ted

Percy Stanbury’s gun was made in the 1920s long before the first 700 came out in 1949. It was most likely a 400 series shotgun.

I stand corrected. I wonder how much difference there would be from the single trigger installed in a 400, to the version used in the 700?

I haven’t heard great praise out of England for W & S single triggers. Just the opposite, actually.

Larry, after seeing the carnage inflicted on good English sidelocks to install the Miller, the removal of the intercepting sears being part of that, I lost interest in the Miller. I question why anyone would do that, to a great gun. I also learned to use double triggers so long ago that I have caught myself trying to grab the second trigger, on a single trigger gun, in a warm corner. And I despise the version in the Ruger, Browning, and Beretta, that uses the safety to choose the trigger. The Ruger version literally cost me birds a few times.

Just not recently.

Best,
Ted