i have a nice old english hammer gun that needs the ribs relayed...when choosing a smith to do the work, i would hope barrel re regulation would be offered as part of the overall project...”

Well you dunce, it’s not. It’s two separate jobs. If you want to pay that gunsmith to re-regulate your barrels or to check the regulation of the barrels…and if he wants to take on that job (many will not), then do so, but you will pay dearly. It’s hard enough to find a competent gunsmith to just re-lay ribs let alone one that’s willing to take on the job and expend the time and energy to re-regulate the barrels.

You like to recommend Gunter Pfrommer anytime someone ask for a recommendation, call him and ask him if regulation is part of the rib relaying process. I can guarantee you it’s not. That’s what jigs & taking measurements are for, to keep everything lined up correctly so you don’t have to worry about moving something accidentally and changing poi.

The entire process has been laid out for you in basically coloring book style by some extremely knowledgeable and competent individuals here and yet you still want to flap your gums and either ask dumb questions, make stupid comments or suggestions, etc. It’s so tiresome.

People are tired of your stupid antics here, Ed. You have got to be the one of the most ignorant, annoying, and completely obtuse people this board has ever had.