I have my second FOX B Grade in my hands. One issue I was aware of is just as I expected, a split in the splinter forend with some wood also missing off one front edge. A fix I may be capable of tackling myself. Its a non-ejector model. Anything I need to know before I pull the forend iron off? Remove the two screws and the latch assembly will come off and the back metal will lift out? I have not found any info for taking the forend apart. I found the how to on the stock removal and partial action dissassimbly on the fox collectors site. Any advice appreciated.

The second issued that was a bit of a surprise was the bent front trigger (right barrel). Looking back at the photos its obvious now that I am looking for it. I have straightened a bent trigger on an old savage model 24 but I'm a little more apprehensive about performing the same surgery on this beautiful old girl. The triggers still function with no noticeable difference in trigger pull. Would you apply heat when bending the trigger back in shape? If yes how much? I was looking for a replacement and found a right trigger for a sterlingworth. Will it be the same as all the early fox graded guns or did they have more than one set of double triggers in the early fox guns? Mine is vintage 1909.

Thanks in advance, you guys were very helpful with my old LC SMITH project.

Eddie

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]