Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by coosa
There is a guy on another forum with 00 field grade 12 gauge LC Smith that is pre-1913. He was asking if it was safe to shoot factory loaded 3" TSS turkey loads. He and other family members have been using regular 2.75" field loads in it for years, and also using it for turkey hunting with 3" lead loads and even some 3" Hevishot loads. He says it will chamber a 3.5" shell, but he hasn't shot one. He has been advised to shoot proper shells for it, but it's apparent that he is going to continue to shoot what he has been using.

I was wondering how it can even chamber a 3" shell, much less a 3.5?

This is the kind of thing that makes me wonder why any manufacturers would entertain the notion of producing consumer firearms and/or ammunition, today.

We have seen the enemy, and they are us.

Best,
Ted

People have been abusing guns, cars, trucks, motorcycles, and all manner of machinery for as long as machines have been produced. The "Hold my beer and watch this..." attitude is nothing new.

What is relatively new is the attitude, driven by the Liberal Left, that manufacturers should be held legally liable for injuries or deaths that naturally occur when idiots insist on doing stupid and dangerous stuff. Using things for purposes that they were never intended for, and pushing guns or machines far beyond their design limits is bound to cause accidents. The Liberal Left response to this is to sue companies into bankruptcy. It's the same sort of mentally deficient lunacy that blames inanimate objects like guns, and millions of law abiding gun owners, for the actions of a tiny minority of criminals.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.