Originally Posted by Drew Hause
A post on the LCSCA Forum in Dec. 2014 regarding a 1906 No. 0 10g; barrel composition unknown by the gentleman:
“I was at a farm where a guy I have known for a couple years came out with this L.C. smith. He first shot the gun with Federal Premium Vital-Shok 3 1/2 Inch Magnum copper-plated 1100 fps 27 pellets No. 1 buck (27 pellets of #1 buck is about 2 1/2 oz.). I still have the box and 1 live shell. He fired one shell out of each barrel with no problems. I asked if I could shoot the gun...and fired 1 shell out of each barrel.”
“I have never seen a gun this old nevertheless shoot one. I thought it would be cool to hunt with it. I'm guessing from your comment not such a good idea.”

A recent thread on Shotgun World
https://www.shotgunworld.com/threads/identifying-belgian-10-gauge.552771/#post-4774604

OTOH
Buck Hamlin’s destructive testing, courtesy of Tom Archer
http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=422672&page=2
Buck Hamlin was given an extremely well-used damascus barrel Lefever with a burst right barrel just past the forend tip. The barrel wall thickness at the rupture point was .010”, and the chamber was 2 5/8”.
With the intent to rupture the left barrel, Buck measured the bore diameter and started his effort with a box of 2 3/4” 1 5/8 oz. short magnums. After 25 shells the left barrel had no change in bore diameter. He then lengthened the chamber to 3”, and following 25 1 7/8 oz. magnums (lead #2 and BB) there was still no change in bore diameter.
Buck then lengthened the chamber to 3 1/2” and used 3 1/2” 2 1/4 oz. lead turkey loads. The left barrel blew after only a few shots. The wall thickness at the rupture point, which was almost aligned with the bursting point of the right side tube, also measured .010”.

Thanks for the great info, but I don't understand how the guy I referenced above or the one you mentioned are able to chamber a 3.5" shell in an old LC Smith. Don't they all have short chambers? Do they have long forcing cones that make this possible? Thanks