I grew up near Kalkaska. Hunting and trout fishing are both better in Colorado. I prefer the way CO runs big game seasons (multiple seasons, draws) and we simply have more species. Deer season in MI is a complete free-for-all and you have no realistic chance at an elk tag. Western hunting in wide open spaces is just more fun (in my opinion) than sitting in a blind or tree stand. Catching big trout in MI is mostly an after dark pursuit. On an average day you will do better on the Arkansas or the Platte than the famous northern MI rivers. Invasive species screwed up the smelt which screwed up the steelhead. MI does win on overall fishing because there are so many lakes to chase panfish, bass, and so on. You can even try for sturgeon in a few places. Bird hunting is probably a tie, CO has no ruffed grouse, but same as big game, CO has more species. You can't shoot doves or cranes in MI. The Munson healthcare system is for shit. You'd need to go U of M for anything critical. Ironton MI is an underappreciated area and river. The Drummond Island area is nice.