Parabola: You guessed right, .33 WCF. Ammo has been a challenge since the 1970s so I eventually bought the dies and can now reload for it (even the special 250-grain flat-nosed "pills" for it as not common anymore, so I stocked-up years ago). It's a truly great old gun and I used it exclusively in Pennsylvania until I left there for good, back in the 80s. The rifle on the left is my Weatherby. Nice southpaw .308 btw!

BrentD: When my son finally takes possession, it will be going on four generations of use in my family now (it would be 5 generations except my paternal Grandfather had his own [& very-nice] saddle-ring carbine Winchester 94 in .32 Special, so he never used this one to my knowledge). Out here, I stalk deer with it in closer conditions (like in giant sage) and as you might suspect, it works flawlessly. The ballistics of the .33 WCF mimic the .35 Remington. I have killed elk with it (long story) and it would work great in dark timber, but it's mostly relegated to mule deer out here now (although I did kill a buffalo with it once...).

Last edited by Lloyd3; 12/06/22 01:37 PM.