Not a huge loss, that R10 is going to cover most of the bases for bird hunting in the 5 state area. Mine did. Maybe not pass shooting ducks, but, that gives you an excuse to own a pump gun.

40 years ago, you could find R10s like that for $750-1K, closer to $750, most of the time. The prices on those guns rose and then fell with the popularity of Michael McIntosh’s writing, even though he didn’t have a bunch to say about them. They got close to $2K, and then, he died. Prices have settled back a bit. His writing life was a line graph for the rise and decline of working double guns we see today.
I would have called yours right around $1500, when you bought it, and, today. I tried, hard, to avoid used guns, when I was importing from France, for a bunch of different reasons, but, mid 1990s to about 2010, I could have gotten $2K for your gun. Easy.

Did it a few times.

Good hunting. I should be able to sneak out a few times after the weather breaks, and before the season closes the evening of New Year’s Day. Hope you can do the same.

Best,
Ted