There are a few things about this endeavor that are very concerning to me.

Recoil bothers me off my right shoulder far, far, more than it ever did off my left. That is one of the reasons for using the 20 gauge Remington gas gun. If there is a design of gun that is more user friendly for pointing and shooting, for more people, than an 1100, I have yet to meet it. I can use my Brother’s 12 gauge 1100, if need be, but, to date, I haven’t. I also have not wrapped my head completely around the fact that my little brother is in a nursing home, both legs amputated below the knee, with a host of other medical problems, and very much not likely to need his 1100 ever again.

Handling his guns brings me incredible sadness at the moment.

The arthritis in my hands from the blue collar printing work I have done my whole life, is worse in my right hand. I’m having a bit of trouble manipulating the three Darne guns in my accumulation. I imagine for hunting use, I can make them work, but, the disquieting truth at this point is ANY double is hard for me to connect on a target with.

That bugs hell out of me. My scores slowly crept up with the 20 gauge 1100, but, the doubles gun scores are consistently bad. I hope I can practice my way out of it. I could shoot a 20 gauge black autoloader the rest of my life, and be thankful for it, but, I don’t know how happy I would be about it.

Best,
Ted