Footnote. The gun when I got it was in pretty pristine condition for a 90 year old. There are no obvious wear marks from external inspection on the lumps; extractors are free and easy. Cocking rods haven't been checked. But the tension in the top lever might not be related to them (and do NOT get your finger caught in that "Helice" lump.).

This gun has not been shot regularly...maybe because of this very problem? How this came to be in a 1920's gun from France, probably buried or hidden during the occupation, but guns are guns, stories are stories...

On the Jack Rowe video, I'm not sure I'm ready to embark on an exploration of the internals of this SxS, not really understanding what I'm seeing except the mechanicals, and the vice on my workbench is not really optimal for gunsmithing.

(It's funny, watching Jack take out a wood screw is excruciating stress and I think of the time I broke off a screw extractor trying to back out the points screw with buggered head in a 1967 Triumph TT-Special with cast aluminum case and had to have it ground out...with no sweat).

Still thinking of driving down to Gunther and asking him to relieve the chokes too (I took the gun down with me last time ....should have had him look at it then).

Last edited by Argo44; 03/31/23 10:06 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch