I tried a release trigger. Or a release, release and then a release pull version. On singles release worked well for me but when I went to shooting doubles at trap or skeet it was not very good. Release, release forces me to shoot the first bird very quickly which I already did but I still ran late on the second bird with the pull, release, pull release again. Too many steps for me but it works well for several people I know. One who goes back and forth to regular trigger and then release with little problems. He says it’s like driving a stick then automatic and back again.

Being a two eye shooter if I let the bird get under the barrel I will try to shift to my left eye. That’s a flinch for me every time but I’ve done it so often I usually withhold fire and can ride the bird out and recover. Never had a problem shooting left handed with both eyes open. Flinch went away but my average was almost two birds less per hundred in Skeet. Trap was about the same. Good luck working through things until you find what works for you.