Originally Posted by Drew Hause
In 1964 the firm was bought by F J Wiseman & Co Ltd who moved them to their premises at 3 Price Street. In 1986 F J Wiseman moved to 262 Walsall Road, Bridgtown, Cannock, Staffordshire.

Drew, I read somewhere that Skimin and Wood records were lost - perhaps just their early, prewar records. But have you found any information about people that may have records of these guns?

I find it interesting that just a few SW actions have the 2 inch case warning on the right barrel instead of the rib. My Jeffrey (ssn (369XX) is that way as well. I would be surprised if that didn't have something to do with age, but were they earlier or later, hard to say without getting down to the details.

A strong warning about this gun. I was really hot on it for a while. However, I got some more details about it and ruled it out. This gun was bought by the shop owner while in England. He has never fired it. It was punched out to 2.75" chambers and reproofed in something like 1991 (maybe wrong on that detail, but it's ballparkish). The new proof was at a pretty high pressure level, but I don't recall what it was.

I would not touch one of these guns with a chamber like that, but the owner argued that it would be fine because it was been proofed 30ish yrs ago, and someone must have shot it and survived. I did not think that was sufficiently strong logic for my purposes.

Also, I think he has raised the price ~10% recently. Any gun I express interest in, suddenly gets a big inflationary boot. The Lang/SW gun at Dismal River Armory is another. Personally, I think both were well overvalued at their earlier prices.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]